Saturday, August 28, 2010

New work

Started the day with running the lines for Old Hickory while running . . . if I do my eight miles that gives me plenty of time. It went well, not too rusty, but then it's only been a few days since the play (though it seems longer). Later I had an idea for a couple of lines for my new piece and ended up writing for about an hour on it; yes another solo piece; why not? I'm hooked! I also came up with an ending for the piece. It doesn't have to be an hour long, if I have multiple short pieces I think that can work as well . . . we'll have to see . . . I guess ideally if you do that they should be connected somehow, thematically or otherwise . . . or maybe since it's my damn piece(s) I can do what I want with it/them.

This new piece is way different from Old Hickory, which is a good thing, don't want to get into a rut . . . we'll see what happens with it.

I heard again from Lora Lee at Blue Horse Rep. She wants to meet after Labor Day, so I said 'At your convenience'. I'm debating whether to send her the O'Neill piece or not . . . I should read it over again . . . I don't know what Wallace has in mind if anything and he has his hands quite full right now, so I don't want to bug him.

Sent off some letters with the review yesterday, will do more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment