Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Review and interview

Wow! A big day! I saw the review of Old Hickory on New York Theater Wire and I got the mp3 of the interview on WAMC! Nice.

The review was a rave; at least I can't imagine how I would have improved on it ('a must see' he said, how's that?) . . . and the interview was nice, in that I didn't come across sounding like a total idiot!

After all that and the positive response we got last week I hope the audience builds this week. If not, it ain't cause we didn't try! Now it's my job to make sure the show is where we left it, which was in pretty good shape.

To that end I have been running lines with Bette the last couple of nights, bless her heart . . . I think it's tiring to run the lines, imagine how she must feel having to follow with the book! But no complaints from her end; she's happy to help and we've done this for each other a lot over the years.

I'm in a real bubble about this show. I feel like I'm floating a mile off the ground and I don't ever want to come down. We'll see what happens but it's been a pretty charmed experience . . . and to tell the truth, as I said to one of Laurette's friends tonight, I really wouldn't mind if this play ends up putting her through college! Yeah, it sounds far fetched, but this time last year my SOLO PIECE being the kick off of this year's Woodstock Fringe Festival sounded pretty far fetched as well . . . or it would have if the thought had even entered my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment