Thursday, August 5, 2010

Rehearsal update (and more!)

It is so beautiful up there at Byrdcliffe (the artists colony being high jacked for August for the Woodstock Fringe Festival . . . well two of the buildings of it are). I'm not sure if the theater and Eastover (the housing for artists) are original buildings, but they sure feel like they could be; and original buildings would put them at having been built in 1903! I stayed up there Tuesday night and it was pretty amazing, so quiet and just gorgeous. It's about two miles from the center of Woodstock and it might as well be a million miles away!

We went to Albany for a radio interview on their public radio station, and got there and waited . . . and waited . . . only to be told that we weren't on their schedule! I don't know what happened internally there to make that transpire we weren't too happy about it, but it was a nice chance to spend a little time with Wallace away from the hubbub of rehearsal and all.

Rehearsals have been going great! We now have a stage manager so that is a big help especially for Wallace. We're busting ass but it never felt so good! I know I've said it before but this is the ultimate theater experience of my life . . . I don't know if I'll ever find its equal again, but I'll tell you one thing, I am savoring every moment. If I get tired I just remember that this is what I want to do and this is who I am . . . if you can't have fun doing your own piece then forget about it. I'm in a state of bliss that must be what the ancients meant when they talked about nirvana!

No comments:

Post a Comment