Friday, August 20, 2010

Round three!

Tonight is the first performance of the final weekend at the Fringe. I wish it weren't going to be such a chaotic weekend, but at least I know when I'm on stage what's going on. Actually with getting my daughter ready for college and such there are going to be zero dull moments.

I'm not feeling wistful about the last three shows (well maybe a tad) but I am feeling eager to get in there and do them. I'm sure after Sunday when things come to a screeching halt, I'll feel the void . . . daughter off to school . . . show closed. I am enjoying this so much . . . when something really good happens in theater (or anywhere else for that matter) you don't want it to end . . . that's where this one is.

There have been plenty of shows I've done that I couldn't wait for them to be over, this ain't one of them.

My hope is I can get in there and pick up where I left off with no rust at all, that might be a bit much to expect with four days off, but we are gonna run it at 4 this afternoon to brush it up a bit; that should help. And as I've said before: I have been running lines to keep the embers glowing.

An idea hit me yesterday for a new solo piece . . . hmmm . . . wasn't really planning on that, but if the impulse is there, why not? After all, if you're on a roll, you look for the butter (I might have to use that line!) Very different from Old Hickory . . . I don't want to talk to much about it, but I will say that the first line is 'I like a dog I can kick', which I have to thank Catherine Martini, our assistant stage manager, for; though I think she meant it in a slightly more benign way than I'm using it. Thanks Catherine!

So here we go . . . leaping into the fire with my favorite knife one more time . . . I sure hope there's an audience; but like I always said, if there are more people in the audience than on stage, you go on . . . I think that is likely to happen.

If I can add thoughts over the weekend I will . . . failing in that, I do a recap on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment