Sunday, August 8, 2010

What a great night!

The gala opening of the Fringe Festival last night was a big success I'd say. What a load of talent. The poets started things off and I went second. The audience was absolutely full, maybe one or two empty seats, but it was a nice crowd, I'd like to have that for every performance! They were into it too! They laughed and were attentive, so who could ask for more. I got a lot of nice comments after as well. The only bummer was that the food was all gone by the time I was done; Wallace was funny, he said he had 25 RSVP'd guests and the rest just showed up . . . I hope they coughed up some bucks for the Fringe. It was a very successful party! I particularly enjoyed the Brel/Piaf songs and the two comedians, Giles and Mikhail, who did a rap version of waiting for godot . . . it was priceless!

they are performing on the Sunday of my last performance so I'll have to make sure to see them!

By noon today I had run eight miles and run lines twice (once while running and once with Bette on the porch). Now is no time for dilly dallying . . . this is what separates the men from the boys . . . much as I'd like to party down after rehearsal I'm gonna limit myself to one or two of either beers or glasses of wine . . . perfection may not be a reasonable goal, but I'm gonna shoot for it; what will ever be more significant than this in my theatrical life? I am intending to leave nothing on the table and at the end of these seven performances, I want to be able to know that I never once gave less than my best. If I can say that when all is said and done, then I will accept whatever happens or doesn't happen with this piece and know that this little adventure with Wallace has been something very precious and real.

I don't know what to expect this week other than it'll be a lot of work. We rehearse tomorrow at three and then begin tech at 6:30 . . . then we have two days to get it all right.

No comments:

Post a Comment